Family Favorite Recipes
Sunday, September 29, 2013
School is starting again!
This week our kids headed back to school. Both of them loved it. Tyler is in 1st grade and at the meet the teacher night I asked if I could walk him to class. Later he informed me he didn't need me to. Well I did anyways and he was right he didn't need me too. He instantly sat down talked with kids and colored his picture. Completely in his comfort zone. Later that day when he came home. Daddy was outside waiting for the bus and I was hurrying to finish getting dinner in the oven. Unfortunately I missed the bus but met them 1/2 way home. When he saw me he ran and said "Mom I love school, I love my teacher and I got three recesses." He proceeded to tell me about his day and how he played super heroes on the play ground with some primary boys who are also in his class. Ellora was also telling me how wonderful it is to have her friend Anna from Primary in her class. Not only that but they get to sit by each other. To end it Tyler said Ellora why isn't your day shorter. We were confused her school day isn't shorter. Finally we figured it out, he was confused as to why she came home at the same time as he did. Last year he had 1/2 day kindergarten. When we explained that he was actually at school longer he couldn't believe it and said that it felt the same.
Thursday Evening Ellora took a shower. Being the wonderful big sister she is invited Cody in the bathroom while she got dressed. He sure missed her while she was away to school and was crying when she went to shower so to give him attention she invited him to come in with her. Well during this time in the bathroom Cody grabbed the glass candle and threw it. It broke to pieces. Ellora then stepped on it and started bleeding. She yelled for me and when I got there I swear I have never seen so much blood on the floor before. It was just just flooding out of her. I got an old hand towel and wrapped her foot. Then two more full size towels and put another around her foot and another on the ground in my room so she could leave the bathroom. By the time that was finished it was time to see the cut. I removed the outer towel to find a completely soaked hand towel. I was nervous to see the cut. But it was actually tiny, very deep and it bruised really well but it was tiny and not in need of stitches. we bandaged it up and elevated and was able to get the bleeding to stop thankfully. That was the most blood I have ever seen in all of my parenting years and I am grateful there will be no lasting damage for Ellora.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment