Family Favorite Recipes
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Following Gods Command
Well like you already know (if you have read my previous posts) I was excepted to BYU-Idaho. So we decided to heed the counsel of our prophet and hold a family counsel on the matter. So one family home evening we talked about this. What was everyone's questions and concerns how do we feel about it. The kids are very supportive. They understand that they might have to move in the middle of their school year. We even talked about money and how we will need to save everything. We are pretty frugal to start with but this had to take it a step further. We had to explain that Christmas is going to be simple and small. We told them that we could not give them money to buy one another presents but that they are going to have to get creative and do home made gifts. Guess what they are awesome children and said that it was ok with them. Wow, I feel so truly blessed!
After our discussion we then took it in prayer as a family to our Father in Heaven and asked for help that we could afford to move when it is time. For those to don't know but for the past year we have both been unemployed. I would get an occasional photography session but not much. This past month I applied to a job at a dentist office just two days a week only amounting to 10 hours a week and I they offered me the position even though I am pregnant. Then My friend posted on Facebook asking if anyone teaches dance in sequim other than the big and expensive aspire. I posted that "I wish I could teach again. I sure do miss it". Then after my post another lady said I have a location if you would like to teach. Well long story short it exploded and I have signed up 30+ kids and am teaching 4 classes. My first week was last week and it was crazy but fun.
So all in all for the first time we have been able to not only pay our bills this month but we also put some money in savings. We still have a long way to go but let me tell you. When you follow the promptings of the spirit and act in faith. blessings and help will come and "With God nothing is impossible"
Another wonderful blessing is now three out of 4 of my kids are getting dance lessons for free. Riley and Tyler are both in ballet and Ellora is in Hip Hop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment