Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bae Asher Hawkins

When: Saturday Dec. 28th @ 4:56pm
Where: Port Angeles, Wa - Peninsula Olympic Hospital
Weight: 8lb 13oz
Legnth: 21 Inches

 Labor and Delivery 
I was in labor for a month before having him. Tuesday Dec. 24th I had an appointment and was told I had progressed to a 3 and was 50% effaced. Exhausted I went home the next couple of nights I did sleep and we had an enjoyable Christmas. Friday Jason and I spent the day putting away the Christmas decorations.

Friday night 
9:00pm – Contractions are 5 minutes apart but not too painful for two hours so to bed I went. It was a long night with many contractions.

Saturday: 
7:00am – Contractions still 5 minutes apart we got the kids breakfast packed and ready to go to a friends house. Mean while they still aren’t too painful and they slowed down to 10 minutes apart. However I stared bleeding so we went ahead and called the Dr. and the Dr said to go get checked.

12:30pm – We arrive at the Hospital. Nervous they would send me home. Checked and I was dilated to a 4 or stretchy 5 and 50% effaced. Contractions 4-5 minutes apart. They called the Dr. and she said to admit us. 3pm – D.r shows up still not a big deal she checks me and I’m a 5-6 and now 70% Effaced I ask her to brake my water.

3:30pm – Hard contractions, Oh my I need drugs. I was hoping not to. They put an IV in me and gave me a pain med to help with take off the edge. Which seemed to help at first but not for long. They then call the pain Dr. which lives 30 minutes away.

4:15pm – Pain Dr. finally shows up. I had Been in a lot of pain. Crying ect… just want help. She finally very slowly asks questions and preps. I was in so much pain that I couldn’t move into position the contractions were right on top of each other with no brakes.

4:30pm –Ya a shot in the back, not a full epidural. It was wonderful to have the relief. Dr. Checks me and said “Wow you’re already to a 10 and he is right there.” So I did it. I made it to a 10 without the meds. So proud of myself but am still grateful for the relief I had after words.

4:50pm – Dr. Checks again and says he has tons of black hair, ok let’s try pushing. Three pushes later he came. Super easy in the end! Pictures of our little boy!


They Gave him to me right away like I asked he was awake for the first 2 hours of life. I was surprised on how big we was 2 oz less than Cody and Cody was 14 Days late while Bae was 4 days early. 



They kids stayed at a friends house. Which I think they were more excited for than mommy having a baby. Jennifer Brown then brought them down to the hospital Bae is only a couple of hours old at this point.



1 comment:

Eliza said...

Congratulations! We're glad he's here. We just saw the news. Love, Kirk & Eliza & kids