Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our road trip to Washington


Day 1
Montezuma Castle



The only thing to say about it is that it was unbearably HOT!

On the road between flagstaff and page.
I took this while I was driving and Jason was sleeping.
I just rested my camera on the steering wheel and I didn't even frame up.
I'm pretty happy of the results. I was hoping to get a flash of lighting but no luck. But it was the most beautiful and exciting lighting storm I have ever driven through.


Rest stop Navaho Bridge.
Tyler climbing up on a wall and asking me to take his picture.





It was a little hot.



Dinner at a church parking lot and getting our wiggles out.



Day 2
Utah


Ellora has everyone's blankets!!!
Riley's is under her head, hers is over her feat and Tyler's is the big orange one.
Poor Tyler is curled up in a ball trying to be warm.


Our Cabin for the night

First stop Bryce Canyon. Amazing!




Next Manti Temple



I loved these Stairs, I wish they were in good light. But I wasn't willing to stay until evening to get the good light for a nice picture.


I had to lift Riley above my head to put her in that.



Of course if one does it the others follow. Poor Ellora was to big for me to lift up there.




My kids crack me up.


Getting back our car from Dusty so happy we got to see her one more time.

Day 3
Temple Square


Tour at the conference Center


Temple from Conference Center Building


Ellora Sat down mad because she wanted to be the leader
but Tyler kept running in front of her.


South Visitor Center, Tyler sat down and asked for his picture to be taken.
That is a replica of the temple behind him. It's pretty cool.


Now we all need a picture at this spot!



Jason needing a break from all of our walking.
Do you like his manly bag?
Yes, he willing carried my purse the entire time (3 hours) while I took pictures.


they wouldn't listen when told to get out. I couldn't blame them it was hot, hot day.




Day 4
Boise Idaho
Spent the day at Jason's Sisters home.

The kids spent the entire day on the trampoline.
Tyler learned how to do flips.


It was fun to watch the Chicken with her adopted chicks.
SSSHHH She doesn't know that Shauna
switched out her unfertilized eggs with fertilized ones.

Day 5
Drove all Day and Arrived in Washington at 9pm. No pictures I was too busy driving!

2 comments:

Garrett said...

I love it :) but am totally bummed that I missed you coming through Boise.

JnMHawk said...

We are totally bummed as well but we were told you were coming up here in a couple of weeks. Is that still going to happen?