letter #1 - Late one afternoon I went outside in the pouring rain to find a large manila envelope addressed to the Hawkins Family on the front it said "Could use as FHE activity" (Just saying) Well we couldn't wait so we opened it up and we found
1. An envelope that said Clues - read these and guess who is which of the pictures
2. Another envelope that said Answers - open after you make your guesses.
3. 7 carefully crafted objects all made out of construction paper.
A Frog, Butterfly, Sun, Apple, Flower, Whale and Sheep
4. A letter
Dear Hawkins Family,
I've been thinking about you guys this week, I hope that your trip to Idaho was enjoyable(ok...that's probably not realistic.) how about safe and uneventful? I think that your family is just amazing and I want you to know that you are remembered! So each of you have an icon in sequim that reminds me of you. See if you can guess (use clues) and then open the answer envelope for the answers. Have fun.
Sister Gruendell
clues ( See if you can get it) - We actually got it right!
1. To bleat verb [no obj.] (of a sheep, goat or calf) make a characteristic wavering cry: the lamb was bleating weakly (as noun bleating) : the silence was broken by the plaintive bleating of sheep. Need I say more?
2. Smiles and sunshine. I have never heard this person say a rainy cloudy dark thing. They are always smiling and you can help but smile back. They scatter sunshine.
3. A flower is pretty and just makes the room a better place. When this person is in the room it is a better place. They help others whenever they are around.
4. This person is quiet and graceful, like a butterfly. they mover from one thing to another without making noise. When they teach you something it is done with Christlike softness.
5. A whale is silent and strong yet has seen much and has many stories to tell. This person tells great stories and should consider writing books.
6. Apples are sweet, they can be pie, apple sauce or cobbler. But sometimes they are rotten. Never-the-less this person is one of the apples of my eye.
7. You can tell by looking at this person that they want to jump. I have observed them jumping over the end of the pew just to be hopping off to primary. I actually believe that they would eat a fly, if they caught one!
The Answers to the riddles:
It was such a blessing to all of us to receive this letter. We are very grateful for wonderful friends! Cody sure misses his Nursery leader Tina you are wonderful!

No comments:
Post a Comment