Controlling
Yesterday I was making dinner and my kids were playing mouse trap. The newest fad in our house. It has been played day and night for a few days now. Well in this game you build and you have to build in order and do it right to be able to trap the mouse. While I was cooking I could over hear my kids and Riley (4 yrs) was having a jolly old time singing dancing really in her own world. Just as happy as can be. Riley was she had a party of the game that she was suppose to put on the board. Tyler (6 yrs) wanted the piece put on the board so gradually he got angrier and angrier. Eventually he was down right mad yelling at his sister telling her to put the piece on the board.
I have been thinking about this situation. I have learned in my short life that you can not control others. It's plain and it's simple but there it is. When you try to control others all you do is frustrate yourself and your life is unhappy. Was Riley unhappy No but Tyler was. In our heavenly Fathers plan all have agency to choose. He gives us giudence and direction. When we choose what is right we experience happiness. In Satans plan he was to control us. This is not the plan of happiness. I have thought about this many times. For those who truely know me. I am a very independent person. With satans plan I would have not personally made it back to our Father in Heaven. I'm sure I would have said screw you to satan and done what I wanted.
When it comes to parenting where is it that many parents go wrong? I truely believe it's control, we need to relax. God does not control us (and truest me we are still very much children in his eyes) yet we try to control our young and worse our independent teenagers.
I watch my Tyler and think well that is something I can teach him. If he can learn from and early age to love others even if they do not do what he wants. If I can help him learn that he personally will have a happier life if he tries his very best and lets go of things that he can not control. His life will be fuller and happier and that is so important. Especially when life is not going you way.
No comments:
Post a Comment