Thursday, July 19, 2012

SOCCER MOM

I have always wanted the title of "Soccer Mom" and this year I achieved it.

I have to say it's not as glamorous as Hollywood would have you think. Twice a week as soon as school got out it turned from calm to crazy in no time at all. It started with quickly have a snack, grab your gear and water bottle we are going to be late. All 4 kids get your shoes on it's time to load the van, phew we made it and while she practices we wait.

F.Y.I  I learned how not fun it was to do all of this to show up and find that practice had been canceled but because I don't text and only do email I was not notified.

GAME DAY! this is what it's all about. We loved game days unless it was rainy or windy which was at least 50% of the time.

Here is a glimpse of a game GOOOOOO HOT LAVA (Ellora is #8)











Oh man was it fun to yell and cheer and see Ellora get into the game. She at first was scared of getting hit by a ball or kicked by another girl. We kept telling her that's why she wore shin guards. By the end of the season she had a NO FEAR attitude and it was fun to see her take on girls bigger than her.

Over all we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the experience and she is already asking if she can sign up for fall soccer.

No comments: