Sunday, August 9, 2009

Done with Working

This past week has been pretty eventful for me. I ended up leaving my job. It was just too hard on my family for me to be working 50-60 hour weeks. When I asked to just work 40 hour weeks they did agree but the very next week they asked me to work overtime just the same.

So I've decided to change my life I am taking control. One thing I have realized is that I have just sat back and hoped my life would turn out good. I haven't really taken any real steps toward the life I would like to live. For example I would just leave providing to my husband. Then I went back to work, and I worked like a slave and learned that my life was in the hands of my employer. I didn't like that.

So I have decided to go back to school. Ever since I quite college I have had this nagging feeling that I should go back. But I had kids and well life didn't allow it for me.

For those who don't know Jason (my husband) has some pretty severe back and hip problems he has been suffering for a few years now. He has been in and out of chiropractor but nothing really helps. We kept thinking his back was just out of place. Just recently Jason had found a member in our ward who was willing to go above and beyond for him. He took x-rays and really tried to help. To give an example of some of the pain Jason is in. He can't be in the same position for any period of time. He can only sit for so long. He is in a lot of pain by the time we get to the grocery store which is only 7 minutes away. There has been many times that he has awoken me in the middle of the night and asked that I could massage him so he could hopefully get back to sleep. No pill has been able to help the pain either.

So the Chiropractor tried helping and finally after a month or so of daily adjustments took x-rays again and nothing had changed. Jason spine is completely twisted. He told Jason there wasn't anything he could do and that he needed to get an MRI done.

The good news is that Jason is finally getting into the Dr. tomorrow. Jason’s biggest concern is that the Dr. won’t listen and just give him pills.

Back to me. Well with our life’s at another stand still I have decided to go back to school. Yes, I am going back full time. I have wanted to be a dentist, with learning I don't really want to be someone employee for the rest of my life. I have decided that this is the way to go. The good news is that I am a Washington state resident and that I now can get federal and state grants. I start in September. I'm very excited!

My kids are doing well. They were having a really hard time while I worked. Tyler was constantly crying and Ellora went to not being potty trained any more. I've been home for all most a week and well Tyler is pretty much himself again. Some mornings he will come and just want to sit in my lap. Not do anything else but sit there. Ellora is doing well, she is thankfully going back to having clean pants again.

Riley my sweet baby is doing very well. just the past couple of days she has started scooting. This afternoon her and I were taking a nap on my bed. Well she woke up and her head was at my stomach when I finally opened my tired eyes she was nose to nose with me, just inches away from my face and was just laughing. Man was she so proud of her self. Well that is pretty much my life right now.

.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Mandie, Ha! I can just picture that baby inching her way up there to your face, so cute!
And hey congrats on leaving that stinking job, schools a great idea. I'm taking some classes too. You might find while in the throws of higher education that there is something you hadn't ever thought about doing that you would really love. Dental school is a nice ambition, you'll remember I worked in that field for 5 years. You'll find that most dental schools have something of an age cut off. If you have any questions I know a few things.