So it's been a little OK a lot longer in between my blogs than I would like. When Riley was 6 weeks old I went back to work. I have always worked, My first job was at 16 years old. I keep trying to stop but for some reason or another I just keep ending up back at work. My job this time around (which I plan on being my job until I retire) is at a place called the Sauerkraut. The owners are my brother in laws brothers. Two really good guys one of which is actually the same age as my dad. Tom and Dan are their names. I pretty much do anything and every thing I can to get the restaurant running smoothly. I have hired employees and have done a lot of training. I do the scheduling and having long talks with the accountant. I even learned how to program a register. Over all I work with the employees on the line and register and I also do the background work. It's a very, very busy job. At first I was working 13 hour days and am now finally down to 8 hour days.
I must say I like being in charge. On may 24, Tom will be leaving for 10 days and that means a lot falls on my shoulders. But they are pretty strong shoulders!
Jason is a wonderful dad he is doing everything at home. He does the cleaning and all of the cooking if I'm not home. He has actually gotten good at breakfast foods. It's kind of nice to have him get up with me at 4:45am and while I get ready for work he is making me an omelet. I am very thankful for him.
I can't believe Ellora will be 6 years old on Friday. She is already almost done with kindergarten and is a pretty good reader already.
Tyler is a typical two year old into everything and just loving life he is my fun happy little boy
Riley is by far our best baby. She has been sleeping through the night since she was a month old. She laughs already and loves to lay on the ground and kick. The best part of the day is when I come home from work and all of my kids are excited to see me. There have been a couple of times Riley has cried until I would pick her up.
1 comment:
Hey Mandie! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well! Riley sounds adorable! Ellora asked me when I'm coming to visit again. It would be really nice if I could any time soon. Miss you guys! Love ya!
Post a Comment