Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mandie Hawkins



The Hawkins Family!

Well we are now in Washington. To be exact we are living in Sequim we are currently living with My In laws Karen and Darrell. We are in a small town and very much in the country. We have an acker of land to run and play on. Darrell is in the process of building the kids a play house. it's even going to have a heater.

So my family came over to help us pack up the Trailer on May 26. We didn't actually leave until May 27. That was probably the hardest day we went through Vegas and it was hot, our car kept over heating and well to put it short it took us 14 hours. Then the next day went up to Boise Idaho and then on the 29th we traveled through oragen (I don't know how to spell that.) up Washington to Sequim. The last day was by far the best drive. we left Idaho about 5am and then gave tyler Tylonal, only because he is stubborn and kept crying at us instead of going back to sleep. We went through mountains and just the prettiest things I have ever seen.

It is very green up here. we are right by the dougenous river and well it's just gorgeous. We can go to the beach any time we like. But for now I think we'll stay home, it's only in the 50's. So it does rain a bit. It's doesn't pour out rain like phoenix it just drissles and it isn't all the time so you don't really mind being in it.

I'm getting along really well with my in laws and the kids are just having a blast. Ellora has 4 cousins in the same neighborhood as us. And well one of the boys keeps coming over without asking his mom.

The ward is very old! I asked Karen today if they just put all of the women my age in callings like primary or young womens. She could only think of two lady's. My biggest worry is making good friends. Ellora has a little girl that she met today and by the end of church they were holding hands and exploring. She is the same age as ellora. Tyler has already won over the hearts of all the older grandmas in the ward. Ok, so that would be 95 percent of my ward. Let me tell you during the third block I don't have to watch my child. It's fun to see old lady's whisper "pss, come here would you like a cookie?" So Tyler has quickly learned if any lady says come here it's got to be good.

Jason has signed up for school. Because of the way the do things around here he wont be starting until September. I don't know what he will do with himself until then. He is already getting antsy. saying that he needs to be more productive. He did just Yesterday get in the mail his results for his pharmacy tech test. He pasted and it had his certified ce of you who are wondering. Jason did shave his head. He now has a buzz cut and is loving it. It's took him a while to get used to it but has love the advantages of notrtificate. Yes, for those having to worry about his hair, especially when it's windy. Which is common around here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

so um... your blog doesn't show when you post stuff and it makes me confused but that isn't hard these days (to get me confused) But I am so glad to see you are doing well and to see some great pictures.
Keep us all updatesd :-)

Mandie Hawkins said...

I know stacy, I'm still trying to figure things out. But I hope I got it this time.